Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Smooth Sailing



A few years ago one of my dear friends commissioned me to create paintings of their sailboat for her husbands Christmas present. They had lived on this boat after they were married, so not only is it a beautiful boat, it is a symbol of their love. I was honored to be asked to do this.

I incorporated nautical charts, blueprints of the boat, marine life, and lines of poetry and their names and the name of their beloved daughter into the paintings. It was exciting to work on such a labor of love.

 I was delighted to receive an email from her recently of one of the paintings hanging in their home in Annapolis, Maryland. Equally delighted that they are sill enjoying them.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Doesn't it look great over the fireplace!??