Friday, February 22, 2013

Poetry & Ponies Redux


Mixed Media on Canvas
10" x 10"
Sold





I have this small painting hanging in my bedroom. I love it. It's quiet and cause to to enter a reflective state. The same state I was in when I painted it.

I am also surprised that it is still in my possession.It is quite charming and always draws it's fair share of admirers when shown in public.

 This is not the first time I have reposted this, and it may not be the last time either. 

Poetry and Ponies revisited,

I spent a good deal of time driving this weekend.I really do some of my best daydreaming and pondering while I driving.I was thinking about painting and language.I love a well turned phrase.I love listening to or reading a well crafted story,one filled with succinct sentences that evoke a place or events that make me believe that I may have experienced it myself.
Why is that?
I think that maybe it is a human longing to belong to a tribe,a group a family.A desire to belong and be understood.A desire to believe"I am not alone and my life matters".
So why do I paint?
This week I believe I paint to bear witness to what I love.I want to share what I love.I want it to be understood,that I was here and for a brief moment that is my life,I loved horses.