Thursday, January 23, 2014

May not look like much………..


Detail from unfinished canvas


I always work on multiple paintings at the same time. They are all in various stages of evolving. Some are almost complete, some are bright white gessoed surfaces awaiting their first wash of color. A few are just notions floating around my studio.

Last week I completed three paintings. I have one very near completion. Several in stages in-between. So I felt compelled to work on this one. This is a detail from what eventually will be a diptych. It has been on an easel for several months waiting for me to put down the first charcoal marks. Last Tuesday it received these lines.

I don't know who long this one will wait. Maybe a few days, maybe a few weeks. I never know. I just know that it is coming into being.

No comments: