Thursday, April 17, 2014

Beautiful Day!



Last week I was invited to Wickenburg to go see the "Cowgirl Up" show at the Desert Caballeros Western Museum. If you are not familiar with this show, in it's 9th year, and I'll fill you in a bit.

The show is an invitational, and 57 women who paint, draw, and sculpt the west were invited to presented their art this year. The Museum then provides 3 days of festivities and opportunities for collectors, patrons, and art fans to meet the artists and purchase their work. It's brilliant!



I was familiar with the show, but had never been to one. Shame on me. I had also reviewed the catalogue and was impressed by the list of very good women artist who's work I was about to see. Nothing however could have prepared me for the stunning array art I was about to see.

There are no words to convey the feeling that I had while experiencing the work. So many really good pieces of art, by women, portraying so many different aspects of the American West. Awe!



I want to thank my friend Stephen for taking me, James Burns for taking the time to show me around and talk with me about the Museum, the art, and the artist. I was a very special and beautiful day.

and I got Cheese Enchiladas! What could be better than that?

The beautiful cactus around the Museum were putting on a show of their own.

No comments: