Wednesday, October 16, 2013

and again........Poetry and Ponies


Mixed Media on Canvas 
10"x 10"
SOLD



There are mornings when I really miss the South.

I spent a good deal of time driving this weekend.I really do some of my best daydreaming and pondering while I driving.I was thinking about painting and language.I love a well turned phrase.I love listening to or reading a well crafted story,one filled with succinct sentences that evoke a place or events that make me believe that I may have experienced it myself.

Why is that?

I think that maybe it is a human longing to belong to a tribe, a group a family. A desire to belong and be understood. A desire to believe"I am not alone and my life matters".

So why do I paint?

This week I believe I paint to bear witness to what I love. I want to share what I love. I want it to be understood, that I was here and for a brief moment that is my life, I loved horses.

No comments: