Friday, May 30, 2014

Studio Mayhem



One area of collage materials waiting for divine inspiration.


Oh look, another area of collage materials waiting…..


I would love to blame this on some sort of disorder. I do this because I have an attention deficit disorder. I am dyslexic, so it makes things harder for me to organize. I have whatever……..The truth of the matter is that I allow myself to wander. I wander from painting to painting. I wander from collage to watercolor. I wander from subject to subject, and I like the wandering. My biggest problem, if we want to call it that, is that I am self-indulgent when it comes to the creative process and I LOVE that I am. It leads to some glorious discoveries!

However, every once in awhile I have to clean up the studio. My self-indulgence leads to quite few "blue" verbal out bursts, several bags of garbage, and more than a couple of hours vacuuming, dusting and mopping.

Oh well, at the end of the day I really wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: